It was in 1857 that David Fraser Wishart set up business in Edinburgh as an Iron Merchant and Engineers Furnisher to meet the needs of local industry and engineering, and so started the company which today still bears his name. The high standards of both product and service were established in the early days and successive generations of the family have remained faithful to those principles.
Throughout the history of the company recognition of the customers’ requirements has been paramount: from our first lorry, in 1919, to the new technology of today, careful planning has ensured a policy of continuous growth both in service and products. Today the company still own a number of diverse businesses having sold their Wholesale business D. F. Wishart & Co. Ltd to Stax Trade Centres Plc in 2011.
The company is still owned by fifth and sixth generation family the subsidiary companies are run by independent directors.